Keys are credits that can be redeemed for expert services and tailored training. Keys do not represent number of licenses.
3D geotechnical engineering software
- Reliably solve infrastructure challenges
- Create FE models quickly and efficiently
- Get realistic assessments of stresses and displacements
- Drive efficiency with multidiscipline workflows
About this software subscription: This Virtuoso Subscription includes a 12-month practitioner license of this software, that comes with Keys (credits) to unlock training and services.
Seequent is the subsurface software company within Bentley Systems. Together, we’re helping build a more resilient future by connecting the built world above ground with the hidden world below it. It’s easy to purchase a Virtuoso Subscription, through Virtuosity, Bentley’s eStore, and still get the expert technical support from Seequent’s subsurface experts.
Model and analyze geo-engineering projects with finite element analysis in 3D
PLAXIS is a user-friendly, finite element package with trusted computation that is used by geotechnical engineers globally. PLAXIS 3D offers CAD-like drawing capabilities to help with the analysis of subsurface environments for geoengineering projects. From excavations, embankments, foundations, tunneling, and mining, to reservoir geomechanics, users can determine the deformation and stability of geotechnical engineering and rock mechanics to assess the geotechnical risk.
Because every firm has different needs, there are multiple variations of PLAXIS 3D:
- PLAXIS 3D: PLAXIS 3D includes the most essential functionality to perform everyday deformation and safety analysis for soil and rock. This comprehensive software for the design and analysis of soil, rocks, and associated structures makes it easy to model in 3D.
- PLAXIS 3D Advanced: PLAXIS 3D Advanced includes everything that is included in PLAXIS 3D, plus enhances your geotechnical design capabilities with more advanced features and material models. You can consider creep or flow-deformation coupling through consolidation analysis. Additionally, you can solve your problems faster than PLAXIS 3D, by leveraging the multicore solver.
- PLAXIS 3D Ultimate: Extend the capabilities of PLAXIS 3D Advanced, to analyze the effects of vibrations in the soil, like earthquakes and moving traffic loads. You can also simulate complex hydrological conditions through time-dependent variations of water levels or flow functions on model boundaries, as well as soil boundaries.
- PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite: PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite includes everything that you get with PLAXIS 3D Ultimate, plus you get PLAXIS 3D LE, for limit equilibrium slope stability analysis and PLAXIS Designer to help build 3D conceptual models.
- Automatic Swept Meshing for more efficient meshes
- Elastoplasticity for beams and plates
- Revolve around axis tool
- CAD import and export
- Nonlinear geogrids: Elastoplastic (N-ε) and Viscoelastic (time-dependent)
- Cross and parallel permeability in interfaces
- Polar and rectangular array
- Easy definition of rock bolts and girders in Tunnel Designer
- Define excavation sequence in the Tunnel Designer
- Automatic generation of staged construction phases for tunnels
- Design arbitrary geometries combining NURBS curves and polycurves
- Automate processes with full command line support and remote scripting API
- Mohr-Coulomb (Linear Elastic Perfectly Plastic)
- Hardening soil
- Hardening Soil (Isotropic hardening)
- Hardening Soil with small-strain stiffness (HSSmall)
- Hoek-Brown (rock behavior)
- Soft soil (with and without creep)
- NGI-ADP model
- Jointed rock
- Hoek-Brown with parameter guide
- Hoek & Brown model with softening
- Sekiguchi-Ohta, viscid and inviscid
- User-defined soil models
- Joined Rock (anisotropy)
- UBC3D-PLM (based on UBCSAND)
- Soft Soil
- Soft Soil Creep (time dependent behavior)
- Modified Cam-Clay
- NGI-ADP (anisotropic undrained shear strength)
- Generalized Hardening Soil
- Isotropic Jointed Rock with Mohr-Coulomb Failure Criterion
- SHANSEP MC
- SHANSEP NGI-ADP
- Visco-elastic perfectly plastic
- Field stress initial calculation type
- Full 64-bit software
- Multicore computing
- Well-proven and robust calculation procedures
- Plastic calculation, consolidation analysis, and safety analysis
- Pseudo-static and dynamic analysis, including dynamics with consolidation
- Facilities for steady-state groundwater flow calculations, including flow-related material parameters, boundary conditions, drains, and wells
- Fully coupled flow-deformation analysis
- Convenient and intuitive Phase explorer
- Automatic regeneration of construction stages for geometric changes
- Structural forces from cylindrical and square volume piles
- Realistic assessment of stresses and displacements
- Output Model Explorer
- Movable cross-sections
- Extensive report and movie generator
- Contour, shading, iso-surface, and vectors plots
- Advanced data slicing
- Rock-mass response and surface settlements due to tunneling, mining, or reservoir depletion
- Slope stability and seepage analysis for earth and tailing dams, embankments, and open pit mines
- Predicting differential settlements of buildings adjacent to excavation pits
- Stability of and seepage into excavation pits, lateral displacements of diaphragm walls
- Bearing capacity analysis of suction anchors
- Calculate consolidation time for pore pressure dissipation in undrained loading problems
Because every firm has different needs, there are multiple variations of PLAXIS 3D:
PLAXIS 3D includes the most essential functionality to perform everyday deformation and safety analysis for soil and rock. This software for the design and analysis of soils, rocks, and associated structures makes it easy to model in full 3D.
Reliably solve infrastructure challenges
Easily generate and scale construction sequences for excavations. Facilitate steady-state groundwater flow calculations, including flow-related material parameters, boundary conditions, drains, and wells. Use interfaces and embedded pile elements to model movement between soil and foundation, such as slipping and gapping. Get trustworthy results with realistic soil models and a complete portfolio of visualization abilities.
Get realistic assessments of stresses and displacements
PLAXIS 3D offers different calculation types, such as plastic, consolidation, and safety analysis. A range of material models for predicting the behavior of various soils and rock types, combined with robust calculations, helps ensure reliable results. You can display these forces in various ways, and use cross-section applications to inspect certain areas in greater detail.
Drive efficiency with multidiscipline workflows
Create logical geotechnical digital workflows that take projects from subsurface imports through design and analysis to various outputs.
PLAXIS 3D Advanced
PLAXIS 3D Advanced includes everything that is in PLAXIS 3D, plus it further enhances your geotechnical design capabilities with more advanced features and material models. You can consider creep or flow-deformation coupling through consolidation analysis. Additionally, you can solve problems faster with the multicore solver.
PLAXIS 3D Ultimate
PLAXIS 3D Ultimate extends the capabilities of PLAXIS 3D Advanced so you can analyze the effects of vibrations in the soil, like earthquakes and moving traffic loads. You can also simulate complex hydrological conditions through time-dependent variations of water levels or flow functions on model boundaries, as well as soil boundaries.
3D Geotechnical Dynamic Modeling
PLAXIS 3D Ultimate is suited for more advanced seismic analysis. When you need something that goes beyond the low-frequency vibrations, this is the choice for you. You can:
- Analyze the effects of human-made or natural seismic vibrations in soil
- Perform analyses on the effects of vibrations in the soil from earthquakes, pile driving, vehicle movement, heavy machinery, or train travel
- Accurately calculate the effects of vibrations with a dynamics analysis when the frequency of the dynamic load is higher than the natural frequency of the medium
- Perform a ground response analysis and liquefaction analysis using the UBCSand model
3D Geotechnical Groundwater Flow
Extend the default options of steady-state groundwater flow analysis.
- Simulate the unsaturated, time-dependent, and anisotropic behavior of soil
- Simultaneously calculate changes in pore pressures and deformation by performing a fully-coupled flow-deformation analysis
- Use the Flow-only mode to exclude displacements and stresses from the calculation if you are only interested in groundwater flow, making it easier to use.
PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite
PLAXIS 3D WorkSuite includes everything that you get with PLAXIS 3D Ultimate, plus you get PLAXIS 3D LE, and PLAXIS Designer.
PLAXIS 3D LE
With PLAXIS 3D LE you can model and analyze geo-engineering projects for limit equilibrium slope stability analysis and perform finite element analysis of groundwater seepage in unsaturated or saturated soils.
PLAXIS Designer makes it easy to build 3D conceptual models to help you overcome the challenges of merging and analyzing data. With Bentley’s open modeling environment, PLAXIS Designer enables you to visualize and manipulate geotechnical site data such as topology, boreholes, piezometers, and other field instrumentation data, as well as engineering staged construction and design.
Required: Dual Core CPU
Recommended: Quad Core CPU
Windows 10, Windows 11
Recommended: minimum 8 GB
Large projects may require more
Minimum 2 GB free space on the partition where the WindowsTEMP directory resides, and 2 GB free space on the partition where projects are saved. Large projects may require significantly more space on both partitions.
For best performance, ensure that the TEMP directory and the project directory reside on the same partition.
Required: GPU with 256 MB OpenGL 3.3
Bentley strongly recommends avoiding simple onboard graphics chips in favor of a discrete GPU from the nVidia GeForce or Quadro range with at least 128-bit bus and 1 GB of RAM, or equivalent solution from ATI/AMD.
Required: 1024 x 768 pixels 32-bit color palette, Recommended: 1920 x 1080 pixels 32-bit color palette
Stay nimble and lower costs
We have bundled a 12-month license for trusted Bentley software with customizable training from experts and call it our Virtuoso Subscription. With lower upfront costs and flexible support options, businesses of all sizes can now compete with the industry's heavy hitters.