Keys are credits that can be redeemed for expert services and tailored training. Keys do not represent number of licenses.
Bridge design and analysis software
- Analyze steel and concrete bridges
- Model and design bridges
- Perform construction sequence investigation
- Easily manage project changes
- Integrate roadway geometry and topography
About this software subscription: This Virtuoso Subscription includes a 12-month practitioner license of this software, that comes with Keys (credits) to unlock training and services.
Better bridges with true BrIM models
Leverage bridge information modeling (BrIM) with OpenBridge Designer. With the latest bridge technology and capabilities, you can efficiently model, design, and produce project deliverables in a dynamic, interactive, and parametrically-enabled environment. This single application supports all aspects of a detailed bridge design including terrain, roadways, access ramps, and other related infrastructure assets. With OpenBridge Designer’s model-centric methodology, users will be efficient and reliable when managing changes to construction documents, such as clash detection, roadway geometry, and bridge geometry. Meet project demands on time, every time.
Accelerate bridge performance using one application
OpenBridge Designer provides the workflows, toolsets, and flexibility necessary to deal with real-life design scenarios. The application adapts to virtually any bridge design and maintenance workflow and is suitable for any concrete strength, volume, weight, structural steel grade, and beam type. Use a single product to create an interoperable physical and analytical model for steel and concrete bridges, which can be utilized throughout the bridge’s lifecycle. Perform analysis, design, and load-rating all in one environment to directly exchange project information, including bridge geometry, materials, loads, pre-stressing strand patterns, shear reinforcement, cross-frames, diaphragms, and stiffeners, to improve decision making during design and construction.
Create intelligent models, mitigate risks, and perform construction sequence inspections
Produce intelligent, parametric models rich in engineering content for various bridge components, including concrete compressive strength, structural steel grade, standard beam designations, and more. You can reuse data from various stakeholders to ensure relevant, up-to-date geometry all within one model. Mitigate risk with conflict analysis by performing conflict analysis of bridge structures with existing infrastructure to eliminate errors prior to construction to save time and reduce costly rework. Additionally, easily perform construction sequence investigation by reviewing phases in stage-wise construction to compare results, detect relevant states, and produce result envelopes for evaluation to solve problems related to creep, shrinkage, and other issues before construction.
Model Concrete and Steel Bridges
You can model, design, and analyze concrete and steel bridges. Create interoperable physical and analytical models of both concrete and steel bridges. Streamline the modeling, analysis, design code checking, detailed design reports, and automated drawings for concrete bridges of all types while ensuring design codes are met. Ensure load-rates and optimize I-girder and tub-girder steel bridges using Finite Element Modeling and Response Spectrum Analysis.
Collaborate across disciplines for analysis, design, detailing, documentation, construction engineering, and load rating. Access DGN models for highways alignments, profiles, and ground information, as well as LandXML files. If reference data changes, the parametric and rule-based bridge model responds automatically.
Produce Required Deliverables
Produce the deliverables needed for bridge design projects using a model-based design that centralizes data and accelerates the delivery of deliverables from a single application. Deliver plans, 3D design data, earthwork, reports, visualizations, BIM deliverables, and construction data to meet project requirements.
Help project team members, stakeholders, and clients better understand the bridge project and design environment with 3D bridge models. Quickly verify bridge geometry and provide plan, elevation, and cross-section views. Measure vertical and horizontal clearances, view time-lapse construction animation, and perform clash detection. Use LumenRT to create stunning animations of the project.
Ease of Use
- Intelligent graphical user interface
- U.S. customary and metric (SI) units
- Comprehensive 3D physical bridge modeling
- 2D views, with dimensions using Dynamic Views
- User customizable libraries
- Variety of reporting formats
- Intuitive dialogue driven workflows
- Cross-section template for complex geometry
- Catalog of appurtenances
- Automated bridge creation (ABC wizard)
Modeling and Visualization Capabilities
- Superstructure and substructure modeling
- Precast prestressed concrete girder
- Cast-in-place and post-tensioned concrete box girder
- Cast-in-place and post-tensioned concrete T-beam
- Cast-in-place and post-tensioned concrete slab
- Steel I-girder
- Steel tub-girder
- Deck slab
- Girders; steel – rolled, built up I-girder or tub-girder, concrete – precast I-girder, box, T-beam
- Piers: cap, column, footing, piles
- Variable columns and caps
- Wing walls
- Bearings and beam seats
- Light poles
- Crash barriers
- Parametric, intelligent bridge components
- Intuitive, dialogue-driven workflows
- Rule-based and constraint-driven modeling
- Clash detection and clearances
- Solid and transparent views
- Lifelike rendering
- Reference roadway information and ground data
- Construction scheduling and animation using Navigator
Intelligent Analysis and Design
- Supports majority of everyday concrete bridges; precast, pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete bridges
- Supports almost all common substructure types
- Supports AASHTO LRFD, LFD, LRFR, and design codes in Canada and India
- Supports LATAM and SEAN countries that use AASHTO code
- Strut-and-tie modeling (U.S. version)
- Single girder or whole-width analysis
- Thermal load analysis
- Prestress loss calculation by time-dependent specs (LFD and LRFD; CHBDC)
- Multimode response spectrum analysis for seismic design
- Supports majority of everyday steel bridges; straight and curved steel I-girder and tub-girder bridges
- Supports almost all common substructure types
- Supports AASHTO LRFD and LRFR codes
- Design optimization for I-girder and tub-girder members
- Line girder, grillage, and 3D finite element analysis
- Multimode response spectrum analysis for seismic design
- Deck placement sequence analysis
- Automatic dead load calculation for self-weight of girders, cross frames, concrete deck, and appurtenances
- User-defined dead load: uniform, trapezoidal, and point loads
- Automatic load case generation
Versatile Reporting Options
- Deck elevations report
- Beam-seat elevations report
- Material quantities report
- Cost estimate report
- Camber diagram
- Input Echo report
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
Automated Drawing Generation
- DGN and DWG drawings
- Plan and elevation drawings
- Bridge framing plans
- Precast, prestressed concrete girders
Integration with Other Software
- Direct data exchange with MicroStation, OpenRoads, OpenRail, InspectTech, ProStructures, gINT, and more
- AASHTO BRIDGEWare database
- File formats: DGN, DXF, XML, and LandXML
What is OpenBridge Designer?
OpenBridge Designer provides the latest technology and capabilities to efficiently model, design, and produce project deliverables in a dynamic, interactive, and parametrically-enabled environment. This single application supports all aspects of a detailed bridge design including terrain, roadways, access ramps, and other related infrastructure assets. With OpenBridge Designer’s model-centric methodology, users will be efficient and reliable when managing changes to construction documents, such as clash detection, roadway geometry, and bridge geometry. Meet project demands on time, every time.
OpenBridge Designer provides the workflows, toolsets, and flexibility necessary to deal with real-life design scenarios. The application adapts to virtually any bridge design and maintenance workflow and is suitable for any concrete strength, volume, weight, structural steel grade, and beam type. Use a single product to create an interoperable physical and analytical model for steel and concrete bridges, which can be utilized throughout the bridge’s lifecycle.
How much does OpenBridge Designer cost?
Prices vary per region. While there are various types of licensing available, a common choice is the 12-month practitioner license offered through Virtuosity, Bentley’s eCommerce store. When you purchase through Virtuosity, you get a Virtuoso Subscription. This means you get the software and “Keys” (tokens) to redeem for customizable training, mentoring, and consulting services.
Do I need to purchase OpenBridge Modeler in order to use OpenBridge Designer to model my designs?
No, OpenBridge Designer consolidates OpenBridge Modeler, with LEAP Bridge Concrete, LEAP Bridge Steel, RM Bridge, RM Bridge Advanced, and RM Bridge Enterprise into one comprehensive bridge modelling, design, and analysis application.
Can I create all the deliverables needed to support concrete and steel bridge designs?
Yes, OpenBridge Designer produces a wide array of deliverables such as deck elevations, beam-seat elevations, material quantities, cost estimates, and camber diagrams. The software also includes an input Echo report to facilitate the evaluation of multiple bridge alternatives, construction sequences, costs reports, and well-organized analysis and design reports.
Does the software help with constructability issues like conflicts and other design errors?
OpenBridge Designer provides a single data environment that offers a practical way for project team members to exchange project information and share, reuse, and repurpose data throughout the lifecycle of the project to reduce the risk of design errors and construction errors. You can design all aspects of the project in one composite model and incorporate critical project data from all disciplines such as geotechnical, drainage, utilities, buildings, and more. You can use clash detection tools to identify errors model to model and element to element to eliminate potential issues before construction.
Intel Pentium-based or AMD Athlon-based processor 2.0 GHz or greater
Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit)
8 GB minimum, 32 GB recommended
1GB of video RAM or higher recommended
10 GB minimum free disk space
Stay nimble and lower costs
We have bundled a 12-month license for trusted Bentley software with customizable training from experts and call it our Virtuoso Subscription. With lower upfront costs and flexible support options, businesses of all sizes can now compete with the industry's heavy hitters.